If you love esthetically pleasing foods this Instagram account is definitely for you. Loria Stern is a baker who makes the most beautiful cookies, biscuits, cakes and other baked goods that look absolutely astonishing. But her secret isn’t in food coloring or pretty frosting, no she uses actual edible flowers and herbs to decorate her baked creations. And while you might’ve seen people finish off their decorations with fresh edible flowers, that’s not what Loria does. She bakes the flowers and herbs into her goods. The result is absolutely stunning. Loria likes to experiment with plants a lot and it’s a process of trial and error every time, but when things turn out – they look like an edible botanical illustration from the Victorian times. If cottage-core is your thing, if you like pressed flowers and yummy baked goods and desserts, we highly recommend that you follow Loria Stern on Instagram.
1. Floral shortbread cookies that are not only beautiful but also delicious. Loria makes these and ships them to you in custom packaging so that they can arrive at your doorstep safely.
2. These are Raspberry Rose Geranium biscuits and if you don’t think that these are a perfect gift for a loved one on a special occasion, an anniversary or a birthday – you’re wrong.
3. These are gorgeous oregano pressed square cookies and they look very intriguing. Not your regular cookie flavor, but that makes it even better, doesn’t it?
4. Not only do these look absolutely stunning, but even the frosting is colored using natural ingredients. The yellow one is made with golden turmeric and the pink one is raspberry rose.
5. A little insight into how Loria makes these cookies. The flowers get placed before baking and then they just bake with the cookie. Also, apparently, this particular daisy looking flower has anti-inflammatory properties, so it’s good for you too.
6. Pressed flowers are clearly the ultimate way to decorate cakes. Once you see these, nothing else can quite compare to how charming this looks. And all of these pretty edible flowers were hand picked and pressed by Loria.
7. It’s not all about desserts here, Loria makes other baked goods too. Here’s a quiche decorated with pea tendrils. Who knew you could do that and get such a wonderful result?
8. Gluten-free, pressed flower cookies infused with green matcha and wheatgrass anyone? Sounds so healthy but looks so freaking delicious at the same time. It’s a miracle.
9. Loria captioned this with “Victorian-esque Goth Romance Macarons baked with edible fleurs + filled with black creme”. Couldn’t make it sound better if you tried.
10. Here’s a three-tier cake made with fresh raspberries, frosted with Swiss meringue and decorated by pressed flowers that Loria picked in her garden and pressed in between book pages for a few weeks.
11. Patch Citrine Pie that’s perfect for summer. It’s light, it’s citrus, it looks like the most gorgeous summer dessert you’ve ever seen. What’s not to like?
12. Ok these are the last cakes we promise. We just can’t get enough of these. They’re so freaking precious. Those pressed flowers really do make everything look so Victorian in the best way possible.
#Victorian #Pressed #Flower #Cakes #BombFood&Travel,bakery,cakes,flowers,pie